- V. Phadnis, H. Arshad, D. Wallace, A. Olechowski “Are Two Heads Better Than One For Computer-Aided Design?,” ASME. J. Mech. Des., forthcoming in Special Issue Design Engineering in the Age of Industry 4.0.
- Zhou, J., Phadnis, V., and Olechowski, A. “Analysis of Designer Emotions in Collaborative and Traditional Computer-Aided Design.” ASME. J. Mech. Des. February 2021; 143(2): 021401. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.4047685
- K. Lai, T. Robert, D. Shindman, and A. Olechowski, “Integration of Safety Analysis into Model-Based Systems Engineering for Aircraft Systems,” accepted to International Council on Systems Engineering (INCOSE) International Symposium 2021.
- E. Van Velzen and A. Olechowski “Investigation of Remote Work for Aerospace Systems Engineers,” accepted to International Council on Systems Engineering (INCOSE) International Symposium 2021.
- A. L. Olechowski, S. D. Eppinger, N. Joglekar, and K. Tomaschek, “Technology readiness levels: Shortcomings and improvement opportunities. Systems Engineering. 2020; 23: 395– 408. [link to paper]
- Vrushank S. Phadnis, David R. Wallace and Alison Olechowski “A Multimodal Experimental Approach to Study CAD Collaboration,” Computer-Aided Design and Applications, vol. 18 num. 2, doi: 10.14733/cadaps.2021.328-342 [link to paper]
- S. Faidi, A. Olechowski, “Identifying gaps in automating the assessment of technology readiness levels,” Design2020 Conference [download paper].
- H. Arshad, V. Phadnis, A. Olechowski “Paired Computer-Aided Design: The Effect of Collaboration Mode on Differences in Model Quality,” ASME IDETC/CIE 2020 [download paper]
- K. Ren, A. Olechowski, “Gendered Professional Role Confidence and Persistence of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Students,”2020 ASEE Annual Conference and Exposition [download paper]. *awarded Women in Engineering Division Best Paper Award*
- L. Adolphe, G. Van de Zande, D. Wallace, A. Olechowski “Analysis of Virtual Communication Within Engineering Design Teams and Its Impact on Team Effectiveness,” ASME IDETC/CIE 2020 [download paper].
- A. Nourimand, A. Olechowski “Prominence of Conceptual Design with Computer-Aided Design Tools for Junior and Senior Product Designers,” 2020 ASEE Annual Conference and Exposition [download paper].
- M. Vella, A. Olechowski “Patterns of Silence and Communication Between Paired Designers in Collaborative Computer-Aided Design,” Design Computing and Cognition ’20.
- K. Leonardo, A. Olechowski “A Qualitative Analysis of Collaborative Computer-Aided DesignExperiences to Inform Teaching and Curriculum,”Canadian Design Workshop 2020.
- J. Zhou, V. Phadnis, and A. Olechowski, “Analysis of Designer Emotions in Collaborative and Traditional Computer-Aided Design,” in ASME 2019 International Design Engineering Technical Conferences and Computers and Information in Engineering Conferences, 2019. [download paper]
- V. Phadnis, K. Leonardo, D. Wallace, and A. Olechowski, “An Exploratory Study Comparing CAD Tools and Working Styles for Implementing Design Changes,” in ICED19 22nd International Conference on Engineering Design, 2019. [download paper]
- J. Chen, G. Zucco, and A. Olechowski, “A survey of design reviews: Understanding differences by designer-roles and phase of development,” in ICED19 22nd International Conference on Engineering Design, 2019. [download paper]
- J. N. Magarian and A. L. Olechowski, “Engineering Students and Group Membership: Patterns of Variation in Leadership Confidence and Risk Orientation,” in 2018 ASEE Annual Conference & Exposition, 2018. [download paper] *awarded Leadership Development division Best Paper Award*
- C. Rottman, D. Reeve, M. Klassen, S. Kovalchuk, Q. Liu, A. Olechowski, M. Santia, “Examining the Engineering Leadership Literature : Community of Practice Style,” in 2018 ASEE Annual Conference & Exposition, 2018. [download paper]
- A. Olechowski, S. Eppinger, and N. Joglekar, “Assessment of Back-Up Plan, Delay, and Waiver Options at Project Gate Reviews,” in Proceedings of the 21st International Conference on Engineering Design (ICED17), 2017, vol. 2: Design, pp. 317–326. [download paper]
- T. Garg, S. Eppinger, N. Joglekar, and A. Olechowski, “Using TRLs and System Architecture to Estimate Technology Integration Risk,” in Proceedings of the 21st International Conference on Engineering Design (ICED17), 2017, vol. 3: Product, pp. 301–310. [download paper]
- Olechowski, A., Oehmen, J., Seering, W., & Ben-daya, M. (2016). The professionalization of risk management: What role can the ISO 31000 risk management principles play? International Journal of Project Management, 34(8), 1568–1578. [download paper]
- Tomaschek, K., Olechowski, A., Eppinger, S.D., Joglekar, N. (2016). “A Survey of Technology Readiness Level Users.” 26th Annual INCOSE International Symposium, Edinburgh, Scotland. [download paper]
- Olechowski, A., Eppinger, S. D., Joglekar, N. R. (2015). “Technology Readiness Levels at 40: a study of state-of-the-art use, challenges, and opportunities.” PICMET Conference 2015, Portland OR. [download paper]
- Shaffer, R.; Olechowski, A.; Seering, W. P.; Ben-Daya, M., “Characteristics and Enablers of Transparency in Product Development Risk Management,” International Conference on Engineering Design, 2015, Milan, Italy. [download paper]
- Steven D. Eppinger, Nitin R. Joglekar, Alison Olechowski and Terence Teo (2014). Improving the systems engineering process with multilevel analysis of interactions. Artificial Intelligence for Engineering Design, Analysis and Manufacturing, 28, pp 323-337. [download paper]
- Jianxi Luo, Alison L. Olechowski, Christopher L. Magee, Technology-based design and sustainable economic growth, Technovation, Volume 34, Issue 11, November 2014, Pages 663-677, ISSN 0166-4972. [download paper]
- Josef Oehmen, Alison Olechowski, C. Robert Kenley, Mohamed Ben-Daya, Analysis of the effect of risk management practices on the performance of new product development programs, Technovation, Volume 34, Issue 8, August 2014, Pages 441-453, ISSN 0166-4972. [download paper]
- Eppinger, Steven D., Joglekar, Nitin R., Olechowski, Alison, Teo, Terence, “Improving the Systems Engineering Process with Multi-Domain Mapping.” Proceedings of the 15th International DSM Conference, 2013, Melbourne, Australia.
- Olechowski, A., Oehmen, J., Seering, W., Ben-Daya, M., ”Characteristics of Successful Risk Management in Product Design.” Proceedings of the 12th International Design Conference DESIGN 2012, 2012, Dubrovnik, Croatia. [download paper]
- J. Ankrum, A. Olechowski, J. Canseco, E. Greenblatt, M. Roberts, N. Hanumara, A. Slocum, “Nasogastric Tube Design to Reduce Clogging and Simplify Flushing.” 10th ASME Design of Medical Devices Conference, 2011, Minneapolis, DMD2011-5226. [download paper]